LL-L "Language politics" 2010.04.06 (03) [EN]

Tue Apr 6 19:53:44 UTC 2010

L O W L A N D S - L - 06 April 2010 - Volume 03
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Joachim <Osnabryg+Lowlands at googlemail.com<Osnabryg%2BLowlands at googlemail.com>

Subject: LL-L "Language politics" 2010.04.06 (02) [EN]

Am 06.04.10 17:09, schrieb Paul Finlow-Bates on LL-L:

I've got modern books on German that use Werfall etc, alongside the
Nominative, Accusative and such.

 I agree with your friend, it does explain what the cases are doing rather
better than the Latin words.  I didn't even know it was a Nazi thing.

Hoi Paul en Laeglander,

forget the *thesis, made up out of thin air* - whoever brought it in here -,
*about German grown grammatical denominations being from Nazi origin!*

As the first result of my Google search I found:

*Josua Eiselein* (not sounding very Nazi ;-)
Deutsche Sprachlehre Fur Sculen;
Auszug und Umarbeitung Seiner Grammatik nach Jacob Grimm,
*Constanz 1846*

"Werfall: …
Wesfall: …
Wemfall: …