LL-L "Technica" 2010.02.05 (07) [EN]

Fri Feb 5 20:38:30 UTC 2010

L O W L A N D S - L - 05 February 2010 - Volume 01

From: Hellinckx Luc <luc.hellinckx at gmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Technica"

Beste Laaglanders,

As you can see, the message below is again distorted (different sorts of A
substituting accented vowels, plus a puzzling  before Mark Brooks' final
signature).

Recently all the good messages that I got had a tiny "bullet" as a final
character:

Unicode: 2022
UTF8: E2 80 A2

The bad ones had something resembling the Apple-logo at the back:

Unicode: F8FF
UTF8: EF A3 BF

From: Tomás Ä Cárthaigh <tomasocarthaigh at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "Technica" 2010.02.05 (04) [EN]

Courier New is good for me, the rest is gobblegook...
Tomás Ä Cárthaigh

*"a person with a good book is never alone... a writer until they've written
one is never at peace" *
----------

From: Tomás Ä Cárthaigh <tomasocarthaigh at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "Technica" 2010.02.05 (01C) [EN]

Solved... choose WINDOWS 1252 if looking from Yahoo!!!! All characters show
OK.
Tomás Ä Cárthaigh
(the IT background comes to the fore!!! lol rotfl - after an electric
shock!!!)

*----------*

From: victorie.a <victorie.a at home.nl>

Hello Reinhard,

I have no problem in these test strings.

Not in any font.

Arend

----------

From: Brooks, Mark <mark.brooks at twc.state.tx.us>
Subject: LL-L "Technica" 2010.02.05 (01A) [EN]

I can read them all. I use Windows Vista here at my office. I have a Mac at
home, but I haven't tried using it for reading LL-L.

Mark Brooks

----------

From: Brooks, Mark <mark.brooks at twc.state.tx.us>
Subject: LL-L "Technica" 2010.02.05 (01B) [EN]

Yes, I can read these too.

Mark Brooks



Luc Hellinckx, Halle, Belgium

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Technica

Thanks, Luc.

I'm beginning to suspect that there is something wrong regarding the footer
that loads inconsistently (probably represented by the weird final
character). I have tried to remove it via our List Management page, but it
is not listed as one of the files.

I hope I can get the people at LINGUIST to remove it for me.

Anyway, before preparing this issue I did the switch back and forth.

Seattle, USA

P.S.: The test again:

*Sans Serif*
Below is a string of "special" Roman characters (with diacritics and such):
¡ ¢ £ ¤ ¥ ¦ § ¨ © ª « ¬ ¬ ¬® ¯ ° ± ² ³ ´ µ ¶ • ¸ ¹ º » ¼ ½ ¾ ¿ À Á Â Ã Ä Å Æ
Ç È É Ê Ë Ì Í Î Ï Ð Ñ Ò Ó Ô Õ Ö × Ø Ù Ú Û Ü Ý Þ ß à á â ã ä å æ ç è é ê ë ì
í î ï ð ñ ò ó ô õ ö ÷ ø ù ú û ü ý þ ÿ

*Serif*
Below is a string of "special" Roman characters (with diacritics and such):
¡ ¢ £ ¤ ¥ ¦ § ¨ © ª « ¬ ¬ ¬® ¯ ° ± ² ³ ´ µ ¶ • ¸ ¹ º » ¼ ½ ¾ ¿ À Á Â Ã Ä Å Æ
Ç È É Ê Ë Ì Í Î Ï Ð Ñ Ò Ó Ô Õ Ö × Ø Ù Ú Û Ü Ý Þ ß à á â ã ä å æ ç è é ê ë ì
í î ï ð ñ ò ó ô õ ö ÷ ø ù ú û ü ý þ ÿ

*Courier New*