LL-L "Language varieties" 2010.02.06 (06) [EN]

Sun Feb 7 01:46:01 UTC 2010

L O W L A N D S - L - 06 February 2010 - Volume 06

From: Hellinckx Luc <luc.hellinckx at gmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Projects"

Beste Sandy,

You wrote:

The language I'm translating into is Lojban ( http://lojban.org ).

Very interesting!

Please tell me which kind of logics Lojban is based on. Classical two-valued
logics or fuzzy logic? Considering the inherent vagueness of words (what
does "cold" mean?), I would expect the fuzzy variant. Given the age of (its
ancestor) Loglan however, I guess the theoretical framework predates the
birth of fuzzy logic.

Do you think that, quantum entanglement for instance, could be better
explained in Lojban terms than in English?

Kind greetings,

Luc Hellinckx, Halle, Belgium