LL-L "Resources" 2010.07.05 (05) [EN]

Tue Jul 6 02:17:18 UTC 2010

*L O W L A N D S - L - 05 July 2010 - Volume 05*
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>

Subject: Resources

Dear Lowlanders,

Tonight I introduced our Hanne (Hannelore Hinz) to a local (Seattle) friend
of mine on Facebook, and it reminded me to remind you all of her website:

http://lowlands-l.net/hanne/

There is a choice of three languages:
Low Saxon (“Low German”): http://lowlands-l.net/hanne/nds/
German (“High German”): http://lowlands-l.net/hanne/de/
English: http://lowlands-l.net/hanne/en/

I hadn’t looked at the site for quite some time (although I produced it
myself). Tonight I was reminded what wonderful work Hanne does within her
genre “Folk” with occasional excursions into the less conventional. And it
reminded me that we have every right to be proud of her and cherish her
presence in our midst.

I am particularly taken by Hanne’s spoken renditions. Please listen to them
(in genuine Mecklenburg Low Saxon) if you care.

Please bear in mind that our Hanne belongs to a shrinking number of
genuinely native speakers of Low Saxon on German-administered soil,
specifically of Mecklenburg Low Saxon. We are privileged to have her among
us and ought to appreciate her as the resource she is.

I hope to expand Hanne’s site. It’s one of a million other tasks on my list.

Please enjoy this if it is your cup of tea!

Seattle, USA

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=118916521473498<http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#%21/group.php?gid=118916521473498>