LL-L "History" 2010.07.07 (06) [EN]

Wed Jul 7 23:53:33 UTC 2010

*L O W L A N D S - L - 07 July 2010 - Volume 06*
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Marcus Buck <list at marcusbuck.org>

Subject: LL-L "History" 2010.07.07 (04) [EN]

From: Jonny <jonny.meibohm at arcor.de>

Subject: LL-L "History"

Dear Lowlanners,

obviously nobody takes care about the fact that the German state of Lower
Saxony since the 2nd of July has a new governor. He is a scotsman by his
fathers side and his name is David McAllister. He has both the German and
the British citizenship. He also is our regional candidate for the
parliament, born in Berlin and grown up and still living at "Bederkesa",
which in Low Saxon has become damaged to "Beers".

I'd prefer the wording "has evolved into" instead of "has become damaged
to". Being able to transport the same amount of information in one syllable
instead of four syllables seems to be a sign of superior language efficiency
to me.

Marcus Buck

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=118916521473498<http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#%21/group.php?gid=118916521473498>