LL-L "Vexillology" 2010.07.28 (02) [EN]

Wed Jul 28 23:12:49 UTC 2010

*L O W L A N D S - L - 28 July 2010 - Volume 02
*lowlands.list at gmail.com - http://lowlands-l.net/
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Jonny <jonny.meibohm at arcor.de>

Subject: LL-L "Vexillology" 2010.07.26 (06) [EN]

Dear Marlou,

you wrote:

Let us assume that Ron's fine design
http://www.lowlands-l.net/treasures/ll-flag01.jpg would be the "matrix", and
every Lowlands community *that wants *could add its symbol (a horse, a
sea-horse, a Nato star...) into the large blue zone -- would this be good?
Those who want to simply say "I'm Lowlander" take the simple version of the
flag, those who want to add their special identity add their symbol.

Very good idea, I think! Everyone can decide how far to go into his regional
Lowlandic identity.

In my case I shall have the martyr of the choice between the head of an ox
("Stader Ochsen", the old symbol of my home county which, interestingly,
nowhere occures on google) or a bell - the emblem of my home village *Balje*
.

Both of them could fit to my own character ;-)! And an ox head also could
fit to our Marcus *grin*, *just(!)* because he comes from the same county!

For me personally, this flag would be complete without a symbol, it could be
spoilt by it.

I fear you're right :-(!

Jonny Meibohm

Lower Saxony, Germany