LL-L "Administrativia" 2010.06.10 (01) [EN]

Wed Jun 9 17:05:46 UTC 2010

*L O W L A N D S - L - 10 June 2010 - Volume 01*
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>

Subject: Administrativia

Dear Lowlanders,

Let me just add to what I wrote yesterday (see below) that the person who
wrote to me about this matter wondered if I set up the Village Commons in
order to lighten my workload, in other words, work with Lowlands-L is “too
much” for me.

I can assure you that this is absolutely not the case, and there is no
reason to worry. I set up the Commons *in addition*, as a service for those
that want to “mingle privately” away from the List. Nothing at all has
changed with the List as such. Obviously, there are misinterpretations and
perhaps imaginings floating around.

As of today, 61 persons are subscribed to the Village Commons. While there
is no posting going on, perhaps people are connecting with each other on a
one-to-one basis. I don’t know because I am getting no feedback.

Seattle, USA

There may be some confusion among you. At least this is one of you suspects
in view of the “reduction” of posts in the past few days.

He/she believes that people are not sure what to post to the actual List and
what to post to the Lowlands-L Village Commons (
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=118916521473498).

Let me make it simple:

Please post anything to the List that pertains to the topic area of
Lowlands-L: http://lowlands-l.net/. There is no change.

I set up the Village Commons as a matter of courtesy and service because
some of you had suggested it. The intent was to give you an opportunity to
socialize and network with other Lowlanders in more relaxed and personal
ways. It is meant to be a place of chitchat and a place at which clearly
non-Lowlands-related information might be exchanged (e.g. “Take a look at
the picture of our new kitten!”, “Facebook has a new privacy policy,” or “My
take on the Gaza debacle”).

Very few of you have posted anything at the Village Commons, lately no one
at all. I might consider removing it if most of you think it is confusing,
unnecessary or redundant.

In any case, nothing has changed at Lowlands-L. So please keep using it as
usual.

Regards, Reinhard "Ron" F. Hahn

Co-Founder & Chief Editor
Lowlands-L (lowlands-l.net)