LL-L "Public service" 2010.06.12 (03) [EN]

Sun Jun 13 03:36:06 UTC 2010

*L O W L A N D S - L - 12 June 2010 - Volume 03*
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>

Subject: Public service

Dear Lowlanders,

I am forwarding to you below a request from a member of our “adoring
public.”

If you have any information to share with this person, please post it here.
Alternatively, please send it to me personally and I will forward it to her.

Seattle, USA

Hello Editor! I am a genealogical researcher who is trying to learn more
about the Lowland culture and also trying to determine whether an ancestor
of mine could have been from the Lowlands based on the spelling of his name.

I was extremely excited to find your site - but unsure whether my little
questions would be welcome on such a creative-based site. My Presbyterian
ancestor's name was Cairy - an unusual spelling of the surname in America,
and I have been told that it is on tombstones in Arbroath, Scotland. But is
Arbroath considered to be in the Lowlands?

Perhaps you would be so kind as to steer me in the right direction, if I've
taken a wrong turn here? Any information you can share is greatly
appreciated. I guess my starting places needs to be the basics of Lowland
culture and place.

Thanks for listening to my rambles....

*Jean*

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com