LL-L "Resources" 2010.05.24 (01) [EN]

Mon May 24 16:53:08 UTC 2010

L O W L A N D S - L - 24 May 2010 - Volume 01
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Sandy Fleming <sandy at fleimin.demon.co.uk>

Subject: LL-L "Resources" 2010.05.23 (02) [EN]

> From: Hellinckx Luc <luc.hellinckx at gmail.com>
> Subject: LL-L "Resources"
>
> Beste Paul,
>
> On 23/05/10, at 19:31, Lowlands-L List wrote:
>
> Trouble is, if you define it by continental plate, it means a
> significant part of California isn't in North America! Probably chunks
> of Oregon and Washington too :)
>
> At the same time, part of Japan would be North America and India
> wouldn't be part of Eurasia...errr...what sense does that make?

Geologically, perfect sense.

I brought this up because Helge used the vague term "geographically" to
try to say that Greenland was part of North America. Then Ron simply
said it was "a North American country" without explanation.

What are we talking about? Political geography? Plate tectonics?
Proximity?

I don't mind where Greenland is, but I do mind vague pronouncements.

Sandy Fleming
http://scotstext.org/

----------

From: Paul Finlow-Bates <wolf_thunder51 at yahoo.co.uk>

When you're a geologist, you have all kinds of continents and places to play
around with! I'm personally a member of the Independent Laurasia Front; we
are allies with the Gondwanan Separatist Movement though we are both in
conflict with the United Rodinia Party.

Actually, I'm thinking of investing futures in Neo-Pangaea properties; when
the continent finally forms in about 250,000,000 years, I'll make a killing.

Paul

Derby (southeastern side of the Iapetus Ocean, before it closed).

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=118916521473498<http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#%21/group.php?gid=118916521473498>