LL-L "Administrativia" 2011.08.02 (04) [EN]

Lowlands-L lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 2 22:58:44 UTC 2011

 L O W L A N D S - L - 02 August 2011 - Volume 04
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: "Stellingwerfs Eigen" <info at stellingwerfs-eigen.nl>
Subject: LL-L "Administativia"

Dear Ron,
You wrote >: Welcome to Lowlands-L in August of 2011! "رمضان مبارك" to the
Muslims among you!

What strikes me in your Administativia’s Welcome on the first of August is
that you pay attention to the "Ramadan Moubarak" this month. I’ve never seen
before that you mentioned special Muslim, Jewish, Christian or any other
(religious) holidays in your word of Welcome.

Nothing against it, just wondering: is there a special reason to do so? Do I
miss the link?

Mit een vrundelike groet uut Stellingwarf,
Piet Bult
----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Administrativia

Hi, Piet!

No there is no method or consistency. I tend to send holiday greetings with
my postings (not only Administrativa ones) whenever I am personally aware of
such holidays on those days or just in the offing. As other Lowlanders will
confirm, over the years I have been doing so with Christian, Muslim, Jewish,
Baha'i, Persian/Kurdish (Nowruz), Hindu, Buddhist, Celtic and Wicca
holidays.

The beginning of Ramadan coincided with the monthly administrative posting.

Seattle, USA

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com