LL-L "Resources" 2011.08.06 (01) [EN-NDS]

Lowlands-L lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM
Sat Aug 6 23:57:58 UTC 2011

 L O W L A N D S - L - 06 August 2011 - Volume 01
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Resources

Dear Lowlanders,

Do you remember our Anniversary project (http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/)?
Thanks to a lot of people's help, it has become our by far most visited
online presentation. Are there perchance any additions in the offing?

Kudos to our Uwe Tychsen! He just contributed an audio file of him reading
the original Low Saxon version of the story, which I have added to an audio
file of me reading the same version.

http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/nordneddersassisch.php

Uwe's pronunciation is that of Eastern Holstein, the area in which Wilhelm
Wisser had collected the folktales he later published, the wren story being
one of them. Eastern Holstein dialects might be considered links between
Northern Low Saxon and Mecklenburg dialects. They have been closely
connected for a long time, and both dialect groups belong to the westernmost
reaches of an erstwhile Slavic-speaking region.

Kriggst 'n basigen Dank, beste Uwe.

Seattle, USA

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>

Rouillie, you wrote:

I'm looking for good Frisican instruction, both self and via a teacher.  Any
leads, let me know.

Please take a look at the Frisian section of our Rummage Room:
http://lowlands-l.net/rummage/

If you wish to order any resources through Amazon.com, please consider doing
so through our associates shop, since that way we get a small commission
which helps me to cover a small percentage of the cost of bringing you
Lowlands-L free of charge (i.e., paid out of my own pocket for years).

http://lowlands-l.net/rummage/shops.php

Thanks, and good luck and much fun studying one of the Frisian languages!
http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/frysk-info.php

Seattle, USA

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com