LL-L "Travel" 2011.08.07 (02) [EN]

Lowlands-L lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM
Sun Aug 7 17:23:59 UTC 2011

 L O W L A N D S - L - 07 August 2011 - Volume 02
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Roger Thijs, Euro-Support, Inc. roger.thijs at euro-support.be
 Subject: LL-L Travels

I’m looking for good suggestions for *Minneapolis, MN*.
I’m at a conference Monday-Tuesday August 15-16 at the Marriott downtown.
I arrive Saturday evening and leave Wednesday afternoon, so this gives me *a
complete Sunday* and *a Wednesday morning* for making tours.
I’m staying in the Marriott till Tuesday, and switch to the Confort Suites,
4 blocks to the South-East, Tuesday evening (The Marriott charges double
pricing out of the week-end and conference rate brackets).
My key shopping stops are allready fixed:
“B&N”, Nicollet Mall, for books
and “Target”, also Nicollet-Mall for fresh and healty food.
I appreciate suggestions for *tours and local restaurants*.
I did not rent a car for Minneapolis, since I can take the light rail
connection to the airport.
Thanks.
Regards,
Roger
PS. Thursday August 18 in the Morning I’m in DE and I registered for a sail
tour with the Kalmar Nyckel in Lewes (the former Dutch Zwaanendael). The
Kalmar Nyckel is a reconstructed Dutch ship, used at the time by the Swedes
when settling in Northern Delaware (Yes, DE is that big that it has a North,
a Middle and a South, or technically 3 counties). Cf.
http://www.kalmarnyckel.org/

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com