LL-L "Member's news" 2009.08.26 (02) [EN]

Lowlands-L lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 26 22:43:38 UTC 2011

 L O W L A N D S - L - 26 August 2011 - Volume 02
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: M.-L. Lessing marless at gmx.de
Subject: LL-L "Member's news" 2009.08.26 (01) [AF-DE-EN]

Dear all,

I have regular phone contact to Hanne now, and it is true, intense
collective well-wishing is *felt* at least, felt as an alleviation. Hanne is
still not well, still the fever returns, the virus is still rampant. Her
weight is pretty much down now. But still she is confident, keeping her
gallows humor and joking with the staff or, when walking the corridor with
her mobile drip, wearing a wry smile and giving impromptu performances of
"buckled old shrew" to visitors. (I don't know if she is talking Platt then,
but I think her capable.) And she always thinks of you most warmly and
thankfully and wishes me to tell you so. So I do.

Hartlich

Marlou

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com