LL-L "Members" 2011.07.25 (01) [EN]

Mon Jul 25 16:55:21 UTC 2011

  L O W L A N D S - L - 25 July 2011 - Volume 01
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Rouillie Wilkerson <wrouillie at rocketmail.com>
 Subject: Introduction :)

Hello,

 Though informed I am in no way obligated to introduce myself, it was
encouraged, and seemed like the right thing to do.  I've taken an interest
in a few "lowland" languages, and although I’m still uncertain as to what is
referred to by lowland languages from a Germanic point of view, I’m sure
someone will be kind enough to offer their knowledge on this matter. My
interest at this time mostly lies in understanding the Frisian language
(Fryske).  I had not heard of it up until roughly a week ago.  Since then,
it has opened up a world I didn’t know existed with respects to Northern
European history.  The language is extraordinarily easy to learn and I find
myself understanding much of the programming, youtube videos, etc. that I’ve
been watching.  With this, if anyone knows of more interactive websites,
books or even organizations that could assist me in learning this close
cousin of Modern English, I’d be ever grateful.

Kind regards, and thanks for having me!

Ms. Rouillie Wilkerson
Email: wrouillie at rocketmail.com
Alt. Email: wrouillie at gmail.com
Writing Portfolio: wrouillie.wordpress.com
Blog: wrouillie.tumblr.com

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com