LL-L "Grammar" 2011.03.11 (02) [EN]

Fri Mar 11 18:08:11 UTC 2011

L O W L A N D S - L - 11 March - Volume 02
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org
============================== =======================

From: Theo Homan <theohoman at yahoo.com>

Subject: LL-L "Grammar" 2011.03.10 (02) [EN]

From: Mike Morgan <mwmbombay at gmail.com>
Subject: LL-L "Grammar" 2011.03.08 (01) [EN]

and of course if you look at the rest of language as well, redundancy is
everywhere to be found... which among other things helps when there is
"noise"...

Hi,

This 'redundancy' sounds more 'sophisticated' when we call it :
self-correcting-factor.

This self-correcting-factor is to be found everywhere, and even is a
build-in factor in a lot of control systems.
But notice:  in language this control factor is used not just for logical,
semantic purposes, but also when expressing emotional levels.

[I could say all this again in other words, but that is a redundancy of the
self-corrector-factor. :)].

In descriptive linguistics this factor mostly has been manipulated as an
idiotic feature, as a feature/mechanism of the maker of the text.
But as all persons use this mechanism, it is language-systematic. And then,
of course, there is a overlap with rhetorics.

vr.gr.
Theo Homan

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com