LL-L "Members" 2011.03.17 (01) [EN]

Fri Mar 18 01:17:29 UTC 2011

L O W L A N D S - L - 17 March - Volume 01
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org
============================== =======================

From: Jonny Meibohm <jonny.meibohm at arcor.de>
 Subject: Help for Japan

Dear Lowlanners,

having been absent from the list for a time doesn't mean to be absent from
the world around me.

I've read the postings of our member Yasuji-san, and I asked him how we
could help. Of course I didn't get an answer - his problems are not the
list, at the moment.

Help! How can WE help?

If (and I just say: IF!) the radioactive contamination of settled regions in
Japan should progress the WHOLE WORLD must help - whithin days!!

In special young people MUST leave the Japanese islands, let me say, for
around half a year. They MUST escape from the first, heavy radio activity
which might fall out - escape asap!!!!

In Germany we have done so some 20 years ago (and later) with children of
Tschernobyl (much too late!).

So, my suggestion:

LL-L is a worldwide community of openminded people. I guess a lot of them is
able and willing to host a young boy or girl for some months. These could be
millions - being the future of Japan.

I shall offer my house to them; this evening I'll try to get in contact with
the consulate general of Japan in Hamburg, and furtheron I'll try to get the
governor of Lower Saxony (there are some good familiar and
political relations) into the boat.

My ex-wife and my son (16) agreed that they would appreciate a Japanese
youngster between 12 and 18 in our family.

But - we have to avoid bureaucracy, we have to ship around it, as well in
Japan as in our homelands. It could be very, very urgent!

Though money for the international organizations is necessary - please try
precautionally to establish something else in your hemisphere.

Thanks!

Jonny Meibohm
Lower Saxony, Germany

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>

Subject: Members

Thank you for that, dear Jonny.

I have started a thread in this vein on Facebook, and hopefully people will
pass it on.

In the meantime I can report that I have also heard from our friend Tomoki
Minohara (http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/minohara-en.php) and am happy to
report that he is all right.

Seattle, USA

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com