LL-L "Members" 2011.03.19 (01) [EN]

Sat Mar 19 20:36:15 UTC 2011

L O W L A N D S - L - 19 March - Volume 01
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org
============================== =======================

From: Yasuji Waki <yasuji at amber.plala.or.jp>
Subject: LL-L "Members" 2011.03.17 (01) [EN]

Hallo dear Jonny san, Last evening I sent my belated reply to your E-mail to
me. It was rather difficuklt to get exact information in a short time. Sorry
for my having made  you irritating.

Except the area of the problematic "Atomkrafwerke", no one will try to leave
their hometown. Farther, there will be no need to leave Tokyo area. This is
the first experience for all of us, not? So, it is not yet sure say, what it
would happen, But, there would not be the sendond Tschernobyl. It is said
that these Atomkraftwerke sind systematically different fro those in Russia.
And the situation and cause of the accident is also different.

 I think there are enough materials to help their life for the time being.
The most important this is how to reconstract the completely washed away
cities, and winter, coldness keeps us from working effectively and injure
health. Tents, maybe, cannot be use for sleeping, the snow covers the ground
most of the strickend places and and it it maybe difficult to find flat
ground to pitch tent.

The main roads are not still safe for lorries to carry the materials to the
stricken places. Mail harbours can be used again.

The Red Cross should be the most believale society to handle disaster
relief. I wonder if the local government, except prefectures, can work to
accept helps from "Ausland".

Thals heartly deep sympathy for the tragic disaster in Tohoku (Northeast
Japan). area.

Best regards,

Yasuji Waki, Chiba Pref.

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com