LL-L "Members" 2011.03.21 (05) [EN]

Tue Mar 22 00:11:37 UTC 2011

L O W L A N D S - L - 21 March - Volume 05
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org
============================== =======================

From: Helge Tietz <helgetietz at yahoo.com>
Subject: LL-L "Members" 2011.03.17 (01) [EN]

Dear Jonny,

That is a very nice idea and I hope you will succeed and if I can somehow
assist I would very much like to. We also feel very much with the people in
Japan, when I see my little son I try to imagine how worried all Japanese
parents must be that their children will be affected by the invisible
radiation, it is a very frightening szenario. I hope our world-leaders
consider seriously whether there might not be better alternatives than
nuclear power, beginning with using our resources more efficient and gently.

I also would like to take the opportunity to congratualate the people of
Tunesia and Egypt for their successsful peaceful revolutions and I hope it
will achieve freedom, equality and justice. I hope they will show the world
that Islam, freedom and tolerance can work together like any other religion
can. This might also be a new dawn of peace in the Middle East and hopefully
includes the chance of lasting peace and friendship between Israel and its
neighbours. But I am deeply worried about the situation in Lybia, utterances
of hate and revenge, to threaten violance and no mercy will not achieve
anything other but stiff resistence by those under threat and it is locking
the door for any peaceful solution. I hope for the people of Lybia that the
leader of the Tripolis government will come to senses and realize that hate
and destruction is no solution to anyone anywhere.

Groeten ut Amersfoort, NL
Helge

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com