LL-L "Members" 2011.05.05 (03) [EN]

Fri May 6 01:52:41 UTC 2011

L O W L A N D S - L - 05 May 2011 - Volume 03
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: "Steven Hanson" <ammurit at gmail.com> <heatherrendall at tiscali.co.uk>

Subject: Lowlands - Introduction

Hello everyone,

My name is Steven.  I live in California, USA, but I was born in Iowa, USA.
This is my second time joining the Lowlands List.  I love to study languages
for fun, and I am particularly interested in the Germanic languages.  I’ve
studied nearly all of the ‘major’ Germanic languages, but I cannot claim any
fluency in them, other than English.

Hallo iedereen,

Ik heet Steven.  Ik woon in California, USA, maar ik ben in Iowa, USA
geboren.  Dit is de tweede keer dat ik de Lowlands Lijst ben samengekomt.
Ik hou veel van het studeren van vreemde talen, en ik ben in de Germaanse
talen zeer geintereseerd.   Ik heb bijna all de ‘grote’ Germaanse talen
gestudeerd, maar ik spreek geen ervan vloiend, behalve het Engels.

I hope you’ll pardon any mistakes I made in that Dutch segment;  it’s been
several years since I last studied it, and I had to make use of my handy
Dutch dictionary.

Steven

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Members

Hi, Steven!

Thank you for introducing yourself! It is great to make your acquaintance.
Please make yourself feel at home among us. We (at least some of us) have
been together for 16 years, but there's always room for more.

By the way, are you the Steven Hanson that used to be a LL-L member?
http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/steven.php

Seattle, USA

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com