LL-L "Administrativia" 2011.10.07 (01) [EN-NDS]

Lowlands-L lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 7 19:45:22 UTC 2011

 L O W L A N D S - L - 07 October 2011 - Volume 01
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Hellinckx Luc luc.hellinckx at gmail.com
Subject: LL-L "Administrativia" 2011.10.06 (01) [EN-NDS]

Beste Ingmar,

You wrote:

 Hanne, I think Ron meant: nobody joined the triple L (lowlands
linguists'list) in September, and not that we didn't congratulate him for
Rosh Hashana. But let's say: Shana Tova, and a sweet year like the apple
with honey!

I wish Ron the very same.

But...

At the same time I applaud the decision of the Israeli Interior Ministry to
(finally!) declare Mr. Yoram Kaniuk as having "no religion" even more. Let's
face it, it's taken quite some time, before somebody up there realised that
you should not become a Jew automatically. Finally some freedom.

The decease of Mr. Steve Jobs on the other hand has saddened me. Not only
did he bring the machine closer to man, but he also brought us closer to
each other.

Kind greetings,

Luc Hellinckx, Halle, Belgium