LL-L "Introductions" 2011.10.14 (01) [EN]

Lowlands-L lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 14 19:16:31 UTC 2011

  L O W L A N D S - L - 14 October 2011 - Volume 01
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Kanu Sharma <creativekanu at HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject: Introduction

Hi....I am new to this site..Lowlands as I wanted to learn Frisian(now) and
other Germanic Languages(in future). I know English, a little bit
French(learning nowadays) and other Indian languages. I have great interest
in learning a new language..I hope if you have read above you might have
observed it. Anyways I am new to Lowlands-L, so an email regarding the use
of this website will be very helpful.

Looking ahead to have fun with all friends(or technically-"subscribers"
here)

Your new friend

Akshay

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Introductions

Hi, and thanks for the introduction!

Is your first name Akshay rather than Kanu? In that case we need to change
your registration, because a subscriber's *real* first and last names are
required. <http://lowlands-l.net/rules-en.php> (An exception may be made if
a subscriber is a public personality that requires anonymity for protection,
in which case I need to be made aware of it and will keep it confidential.)

Anyway, I hope you will get contacts and resources that help you study
Frisian.

In the meantime, ਜੀ ਆਇਆ ਨੂੰ।  / جی آیاں !
And *welkom *to the two subscribers that joined us from the Netherlands
today!

Regards, Reinhard "Ron" F. Hahn

Co-Founder & Chief Editor

Lowlands-L (lowlands-l.net)