LL-L "Language varieties" 2011.09.16 (02) [EN]

Lowlands-L lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 16 18:28:50 UTC 2011

L O W L A N D S - L - 16 September 2011 - Volume 02
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Temmo Bosse temmo.bosse at gmx.net
Subject: LL-L "Language varieties" 2011.09.16 (01) [EN]
Moin.

Traditionally it should be some Low Saxon dialects belonging to the group of
the Holsteiner Platt, Northern Low Saxon. Kiel lies more or less on the
border between "Mittelholsteinisch" and "Ostholsteinisch", if you take the
"koken-kauken-line" as the border.
But I live here since four years and heard never anyone speaking Platt in
the city (except for the university). I hope it is better on the country
side.

Munter,
Temmo

R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Language varieties

Moin, Temmo!

Thanks for your reply to the post, and welcome among the vocal Lowlanders!

Seattle, USA

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com