LL-L "Members' news" 2012.06.11 (02) [EN]

Lowlands-L lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 11 19:14:22 UTC 2012

 L O W L A N D S - L - 11 June 2012 - Volume 02
Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Brooks, Mark mark.brooks at twc.state.tx.us
Subject: LL-L "Members' news" 2012.06.10 (05) [EN]

Ron:

Let me add my hearty congratulations as well. My daughter is an assistant
principal in an elementary school, but she was a teacher before that. She
(and you) has the chance to mold lives which is a wonderful thing is done
correctly.

I have no doubt you’ve done it correctly. I would write something
congratulatory in Hebrew, but all I can remember from two semesters long
ago is ani lo yodeah. Not exactly congratulatory. So, I’ll just say
¡Enhorabuena!

Mark Brooks

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Members' news

Thanks a lot, Mark.

ani lo yodeah

(אני לא יודע) 'I don't know' (masc. sing.) for those not familiar with it.

¡Enhorabuena!

Which would be ! מזל טוב (*Mazal tov!* "good constellation!") in Hebrew.

Seattle, USA

P.S.: I seem to have gotten rid of the e-mail virus. Fortunately, the SPAM
message went straight into most people's SPAM folders.

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com