LL-L "Resources" 2013.11.10 (01) [EN]

Lowlands-L lowlands.list at GMAIL.COM
Sun Nov 10 22:49:07 UTC 2013

L O W L A N D S - L - 10 November 2013 - Volume 01

Posting: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: "Fonken, Gael M. [foga0301 at stcloudstate.edu]" <
foga0301 at stcloudstate.edu>
Subject: LL-L "Resources" --Iowa op Platt

Roger found this interesting clip on the topic of *Limburgish tonality*:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhG0kCJxZEA

When I looked it up, I found lots of new videos that I hadn’t seen
before.  *The
travelogue of a visit to Iowa* (near me) on the Mississippi river really
“hit home”.  It’s very well done and must have had a great impact locally
in Iowa, especially since one of the German nationals in the video is an
African German.  The people he interviewed must have struggled with that,
given the racism that we still struggle with here in the USA.  Wonderful
stuff.

Gael Fonken

(I live one mile from the Mississippi in Minnesota)

*42:58 -Iowa op Platt by Brian Junker331 views
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnV0vfvil88>* May 26, 2012 Brian
Junker<http://www.youtube.com/user/brianjunker?feature=watch>
·12 videos <http://www.youtube.com/user/brianjunker/videos>

*               -Iowa in Low German! Iowa op Plattdüütsch! Iowa auf
Plattdeutsch!*

*8:20 - Die Welt op platt by hnbawue30,644 views
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of9P3AhaBRw>   *Jun 15, 2008*  hnbawue
<http://www.youtube.com/user/hnbawue?feature=watch>·4 videos
<http://www.youtube.com/user/hnbawue/videos> ndr.de <http://ndr.de/>  Die
Welt op platt ausschnitt ---good subtitles *

*24:42 - UFOs - ALLNS OP PLATT !Ufos (Op Platt).aviby sisteruli172 views
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBj0lsfEvpM>*—A funny TV show

listserv at listserv.linguistlist.org or lowlands.list at gmail.com