[Lowlands-l] Google Translate

Lowlands Languages & Cultures lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jul 21 05:28:30 UTC 2017

I seem to remember that I read in a newspaper article that the old idea of
Low German und English being the closest languages has been abandoned. The
question was, what about the grammatical dissimilarities, particularly word
order? And it turned out that English has been much more shaped and is much
closer connected to North Germanic, i.e. Norwegian.
Mathias

Gesendet mit der Telekom Mail App
<http://www.t-online.de/service/redir/email_app_android_sendmail_footer.htm>

--- Original-Nachricht ---