[Lowlands-l] Call for help

Lowlands Languages & Cultures lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Oct 11 05:52:34 UTC 2017

Why not do it here too? A list of side by dide or a table of some common, everyday words, but not technical- barn or wagon fine but not eprom or central processor. It would be useful and interesting to have a cross refere ce plus a simple paragraph in each of the low Germanic ll. For example:
Good morning! What is your name? Well Hans i am Karl, from Emden. Happy to meet you. How are you today? The weather is warm and it is not raining, so it is a good day for a wslk. I am going to the baker and then to the tavern before going on my barge to Emden. Farewell, until we meet again, friend Hans.

Isuspect that most of the dialects mentioned would be partly understood by most of the others.
Best wishesKarl SchulteOf the Texas Frieslanders
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 18:49, Lowlands Languages & Cultures<lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org> wrote:   Hello folks,
I received a request from a Chinese lad named Eugene Chan. He's doing research on numeral systems used in all sorts of languages. You can view some of his work on the following website:
https://mpi-lingweb.shh.mpg.de/numeral/
He's currently looking for help with the following languages/dialects:
Upper SaxonLower SilesianMainfränkischLimburgischPennsylvania German ("Dutch")Palatinate Frankish (Pfaelzisch)FlemishZeelandic (Zeeuws)Achterhoek Low SaxonGroningen Low SaxonDrenthe Low SaxonVeluwe Low SaxonSalland Low SaxonStellingwerven Low SaxonWestphalian Low SaxonEastphalian Low SaxonEast Frisian
All you have to do, if I remember correctly, is write down some twenty numbers in your language or dialect.
If you are able to help, please contact Eugene on eugenechans at hkbn.net or euslchan at yahoo.com
LOWLANDS-L mailing list
LOWLANDS-L at listserv.linguistlist.org