[My-hm] RIVAS 2022 conference announcement

Neyooxet Greymorning rivas.conference at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 07:07:28 UTC 2022

Good morning,

We are pleased to announce that abstract submissions are open for the
Raising Indigenous Voices in Academia and Society 2022 conference.
May we kindly ask you to circulate the attached call for paper?

Conference: October 20-25, 2022
Abstract Submission Deadline: 1st June 2022

All best

The organizing committee

----

Description of the conference:

To support the scholarship of Indigenous academics and speakers whose
cultures help shape linguistics, archeology and cultural anthropology, and
to also acknowledge the contributions of Indigenous Peoples globally, an
invitation is extended for abstract submissions to present, or to register
to attend the RIVAS 2022 conference.

The RIVAS conferences aim to provide and promote:
1) a venue for the exchange of ideas and constructive debate,
2) a platform for rising Indigenous scholars to present their work and
connect with a wider scholarly network,
3) Indigenous points of view on current local and global phenomena,
histories, and issues,
4) discussions about and awareness of positive trends and obstacles that
still hamper the participation of
Indigenous scholars within an arena of global academic discourse,
5) the exploration of past, present and future Indigenous experiences in
both academic and non-academic contexts