Lord's Prayer in Nahuatl

Odilia Rodriguez xochiquetzal at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 12 17:30:54 UTC 1999

John F. Schwaller wrote:

> I just received a request for the Lord's Prayer in Nahuatl.  The version
> here comes from Bartolome de Alva Confessionario mayor y menor, soon to be
> published in a bi-lingual edition, translated and edited by Barry Sell, and
> myself, with introductory essays by us, and Lu An Homza.  It will come out
> from U of Oklahoma Press in June, I am told.

(cut)

I want to thank you so much for this post and ask that if you have any
other prayers translated or directly Nahuatl I am very interested in
them.  I know many people who would love to learn them and use them in
their daily spiritual practices.

I also sent an e-mail which I never saw which asked for information on
books related to the Mexica Pantheon.  I am doing research on Aztec gods
and goddesses for a comparison to gods/goddesses in another nature based
religion.

any help is most appreciated and again thanx for this prayer.

sinceremente,

Odilia