Sound / video of Nahuatl

Tekpatltzin mexicapride at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 23 03:22:16 UTC 1999

Tiahui,

If you would like to see a description of "The Other Conquest" (La Otra
Conquista) go to the web site: chicagolatinocinema.org and follow the link to
the 15th Annual Film Festival.
Here in Chicago the movie has received very favorable reviews and although I
have not personally seen it I can only offer the comments from a local movie
critic "Roger Ebert" who stated that the movie depicts the other conquest which
is the Spaniards goal of total domination of the Mexika spiritual world and
subsequent replacement with Spanish "Catholic Values". I contacted the film
distributors for inquiries about a possible video purchase. They have no
immediate plans for video or wide scale screen showing in the U.S.

Tlazohkamati,

Tekpatltzin