La Otra Conquista

MiAbismo at aol.com MiAbismo at aol.com
Sat Apr 24 00:06:46 UTC 1999

	Dear Listeros:

	I got the opportunity to view La Otra Conquista last week at the
Noche Mexicana Gala hosted by the 15th Chicago Latino Film Festival.  Both
Producer Alvaro Domingo (Placido Domingo's son) and Writer and Director
Salvador Carrasco were present.  In their speeches they stated it took them 7
years to get this movie done and out in theatres in Mexico.  Since it is a
historical reenactment, motion picture labels didn't want to release it
fearing it would have a weak turnout at the box office.  They finally were
able to release the movie in Mexico last year and were given the estimate
that AT MOST 10,000 people would view it.  More than 1/2 a million people
have seen this movie thus far, and it has held the #1 spot in the box offices
in Mexico.
	As mentioned before, it has a high content of Nahuatl.  It has gotten
rave reviews which clearly do the film justice.  If anyone has the
opportunity to see it, do not pass it up.  For more information you can
contact the print source:

	Storm Entertainment
	225 Santa Monica Blvd.
	Santa Monica, CA 90401