Lord's Prayer in Nahuatl

John F. Schwaller schwallr at selway.umt.edu
Mon Apr 12 15:36:44 UTC 1999

I just received a request for the Lord's Prayer in Nahuatl.  The version
here comes from Bartolome de Alva Confessionario mayor y menor, soon to be
published in a bi-lingual edition, translated and edited by Barry Sell, and
myself, with introductory essays by us, and Lu An Homza.  It will come out
from U of Oklahoma Press in June, I am told.

El Pater noster.

TOtatzine in ilhuicac timoetztica, ma =E7enca yectenehuallo in motocatzin, m=
hualauh in motlatocayotzin ma chihuallo in motlanequillitzin in yuh
chihuallo in ilhuicac in tlalticpac, auh ma xitechmomaquilli in axcan in
totlaxcal momoztlaye totech monequiz, auh ma xitechmopopolhuillilli in
totlatlacol, in yuh tiquinpopolhuia in techtlatlacalhuia, auh macamo
xitechmocahuilli inic ipan tihuetzizque in tene[y]ecoltiliztli.  Ma in
mochihua.

John Frederick Schwaller                             schwallr at selway.umt.edu
Associate Provost                                        406-243-4722
The University of Montana                           FAX 406-243-5937
                          http://www.umt.edu/history/NAHUATL/