article on Aztecs II

micc micc at home.com
Mon Aug 9 14:07:17 UTC 1999

dear Michael,

I can understand your distaste for the Germanic, but I also understand
the use of the K by many for the hard C sound.  As you well know that in
Spanish and English the C can be a mask for the S sound as well as the k
sound, so for those who are Spanish/English bilingual, (Like many
Chicanos, who I guess are the target victims... I mean target audience
of the book in question) the K is an artifice that helps relay the
original sound of the Nahuatl....

Now that K also promises a problem when a K reader suddenly runs into a
Maya word....since the K in Maya means a hard C sound followed by a
glottla stop....I think????

thanks for the message!!!

mario