Nahuatl and music

marisol marisol at tiscalinet.it
Thu Aug 26 09:14:55 UTC 1999

John,

Last year I gave a small lecture on Mexican pre-hispanic music and dance at
the University of Helsinki (during Frances Karttunen's intensive Nahuatl
course).

The sources I used for my presentation were numerous, but the main texts
were

HISTORIA GENERAL DEL ARTE MEXICANO
Volumen XI
Danzas y Bailes Populares (includes also music)
by
Electra L. Momprade and Tonatiuh Gutierrez
Editorial HERMES, 1981
Mexico

LA MUSICA POPULAR DE MEXICO
by Jas Reuter
Panorama Editorial, 1980 (but there surely are newer editions)
Mexico

If I can think of other worthwhile sources, I will let you know.

Susana Moraleda
Director and Choreographer
Mexican Folklore Group "LOS RANCHEROS"
Rome, Italy