Spanish/English Words w/Nahuatl Origin

marisol marisol at tiscalinet.it
Thu Dec 2 12:41:16 UTC 1999

------=_NextPart_000_0124_01BF3CCA.3F7D4D60

Yes, I know.  Also my father used to say "ecole" all the time (he was from
Mexico City).

Now I live in Italy and have learned that it is pure Italian, but with a
double "c" (which IS indeed pronounced).

"Ecco" means "that's it", "right", "you see" -there are a lot of meanings
depending on the context.

"EccoLO" means "[here] HE/SHE/IT is", and

"eccolo QUA" means "HERE he/she/it is".

I'd also be interested to know if it was due to Italian inmigrants in Mexico
at the time the term was espa<n>olizado.

Susana Moraleda