Teoti:-hua-0-ca:-n

Mark Morris mdmorris at indiana.edu
Thu Jul 1 02:47:57 UTC 1999

Russell, quemolpanolti mahuiztlacatl,

It looks like you are making a lot of progress with puzzling out Nahuatl
grammar.  I'm not quite sure on what you base your arguments, so it is difficult
for me to try to do more than say, "I think that's wrong," which wouldn't be
helpful because it seems like you're trying to get to general rules, not whether
Teotihuacan is more a noun than a verb.  Are you working from Andrews?  If you
are, it would help at least for myself to engage with you if you clarified from
where your assertions are coming.  Grammar is by far not my strong point and so
these sort of opaque references just make it more difficult for me to puzzle out
at what you're getting, and it looks like you're stuck with me for awhile
because R. Joe Campbell is on vacation.  Mark Morris