Nahuatl names...

R. Joe Campbell campbel at indiana.edu
Fri Jul 16 05:02:21 UTC 1999

Ceciliahtzin,
   "-cel" is a postposition in Nahuatl.  Postpositions have a function in
Nahuatl very much like that of prepositions in Spanish and English and
they take possessive prefixes.

   nocel    by myself           tocel    by ourselves
   mocel    by yourself         amocel   by y'all's selves >8-)
   icel     by him/herself      incel    by themselves

   I've never seen one of these words used as a name for a person, but if
one were used as a name, it wouldn't need to be distinguished for gender.

Joe