suggestions for Indigenismo to nonindigenous audience

Craig Berry cberry at cinenet.net
Fri Jul 16 23:37:51 UTC 1999

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999, Alex wrote:

> I believe the Aztecs (or their predecessors?) invented corn tortillas
> which are consumed substantially in the U.S. And probably some
> version of salsa (tomatoes or tomatillos, peppers, onions, cilantro).

True, though I don't know about the cilantro.  Tamales would make another
good representative Aztec food (either plain corn or corn with chiles or
possibly turkey -- the "dog" and "Tlaxcaltec" filling options being a bit
advanced for beginners).

--
 --*--    Home Page: http://www.cinenet.net/users/cberry/home.html