Some bibliography om human sacrifice and cannibalism.

Fabian E. Pena Arellano fabian at nuclecu.unam.mx
Mon Jul 26 21:17:51 UTC 1999

	Hello:

	As I promised I write you today some bibliography -of authors who
seem serious- about human sacrifice:

	Cardin, Alberto. "Dialectica y canibalismo" Barcelona (1994)
		Ed. Anagrama, Coleccion Argumentos.

	Hassler, Peter. "Menschenopfer bei den Azteken? Eine quellen und
		 ideologiekristische Studie". Bern (1992). Verlag Peler
		 Lang.

	There are a couple of abstracts of the second book:

	"La mentira de Hernan Cortes". La Jornada Semanal. La Jornada.
		    Num. 216, 1 de agosto de 1993. pp 3-6.

	"---------------------------". Die Zeit. Num. 38, Sept. 11th 1992.
		    p. 92. Hamburg.

	"The lies of the Conquistators. Cutting through the myth of human
		sacrifice" World Press Review. December 1992. pp.28,29

	On the other hand, there are lots of books which study the human
sacrifice among the aztecs accepting first it existed and surely there
won't be any problem for the interested in finding them.
	For the translation into spanish of Hassler's book you might try
writing to ceacatl at laneta.apc.org

	Fabian Pena.