Issue of Sacrifice

maestas at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu maestas at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Tue Jul 27 01:39:29 UTC 1999

Tlapoyohuali Tocayo
Tlapoyohualique,

That longer threat could be a slip or maybe a discussion of human
sacrifice is a threat to some peoples paradigms.  Like human
sacrifice, there are some concepts that do not serve the issue but are
used anyway.  Why is Nahua war practice set apart as human sacrifice when
it actually cut down on the number of civilian deaths by restricting
battle zones.  On the other hand, war practices introduced from the other
side of the Atlantic tended to inhumanly sacrifice women and children as
well as soldiers.  This type of comparison and contrast is interesting,
but hardly worth attention when we can sensationalize bloody corpses being
thrown off pyramids instead.

Tota,
Enrique