ballcourts

Michael Mccafferty mmccaffe at indiana.edu
Tue Jul 27 13:26:13 UTC 1999

Roberto,

What do you mean by "...a similar one played by native americans." ?

Are you referring to Mississippian societies' chunkey?

Best,

Michael

On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Roberto Tirado wrote:

>   greetings to the group.
>
> i was wondering if anyone knows about books or articles concerning the
> 'ballgame' played by mesoamerican societies and also a similar one played by
> native americans .
>
>   i am looking for books with pictorial representations of the symbols and
> decorations of the ballcourt surface itself.  Also useful to me would be
> detailed descriptions of the equipment used, and the varieties of rules and
> playing styles.
>
> *thank you*

Michael McCafferty
C.E.L.T.
307 Memorial Hall
Indiana University
Bloomington, Indiana
47405
mmccaffe at indiana.edu

"Glory" (what a word!) consists in going
from the me that others don't know
to the other me that I don't know.

-Juan Ramon Jimenez