About human sacrifice.

Fabian E. Pena Arellano fabian at nuclecu.unam.mx
Fri Jul 23 22:03:42 UTC 1999

	Hello again:

	I just read a couple of messages asking information on the human
sacrifices which are supposed to be executed by the aztecs.
	I am also confused wether they existed or not. Sometimes it seems
to be something given as granted rather than as result of an exhaustive
and objective research. By 1990 a swiss got his Ph. D. in anthopology in
Bern with a criticism to the sources considered as the classical and
definitive evidences of the existence of the human sacrifices among the
aztecs. I cannot recall his name right now, but next week I can write for
all the interested. His thesis is noy published in english or spanish yet,
only in german. The spanish version exists already but the german editor
hasn't given his permission to print it unless a mexican public intitution
agrees to do it. Unfortunately, the UNAM (which is on strike now) and the
UAM don't want to publish it for some reason I don't know. If you want
more information about it, please write to Ce: Acatl magazine to the
address ceacatl at laneta.org.mx; they know how to contact the author of such
work and have the translation into spanish if you can't read german. There
have been a couple of articles in english and spanish in some
newpapers about this work. I will give you the reference on monday.
	There is also a spanish researcher who has a book about the use of
the cannibalism acussation by the europeans to wipe some civilizations
out. I will write al the information on monday.

	Fabian Pena.