R: Nahuatl Names

Antonio Perri a.perri at pronet.it
Thu Jun 24 06:13:51 UTC 1999

Coul I suggest the native name (in fact, an ethnonimic) of a mexican friend
of mine here in Italy? Alfredo (this is is "christian" name) bears as a
nahuatl name Tenoch, which means exactly "citizen of Tenochtitlan" and in
the way Aztec name themselves.
Of course, I think this will o if your little baby will be a male...
Sincerely
Antonio