Nahuatl 101

CCBtlevine at aol.com CCBtlevine at aol.com
Fri Nov 19 01:05:08 UTC 1999

In a message dated 11/18/1999 4:01:11 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mmccaffe at indiana.edu writes:

<<
 I'd suggest getting Kartunnen and Campbell's "introductory" grammar and
 workbook and digging in.  It's state-of-the-art. No computer necessary.
 The address where you can get it is in the archives of this list-serve.
 (or Fritz Schwaller may post it again for the umpteenth time :)

 If you are a Spanish speaker, you may also enjoy Thelma Sullivan's
 _Compendio de la grammatica nahuatl_.

 best,

 Michael McCafferty >>
Thelma Sullivan's grammar is also in English.  Compendium of Nahuatl Grammar.

However, I like Michel Launey's Introduccion a la Lengua Y a la Literatura
Nahuatl.  It is available in both Spanish and French.  He does a very good
job.  He writes clearly and to the point.

Tom Levine