A little late --- Cuachalocolamintli

Tezozomoc tezozomoc at ccc.cs.diebold.com
Mon Nov 29 17:07:26 UTC 1999

There was a previous discussion dealing with Cuachalocolamintli.  There was
mention that this was a particular astronomical body in space.

I was discussing this with a friend and we were analyzing the word itself.

>>From Karttunen we have the word A:mintli -- I believe it has something to do
with diarhea.  It paints a interesting picture, pun intended, A: is from
A:tl, min(a) is to shoot with an arrow. and A:min definitely feels like a
water arrow....

The second adjective is Co:l which means curved.

The word that we are having dificulty is with cuacha..... I remember my
grandparents using this word in spanish... as "Pareces un cuachalote...."
We understood to mean dirty.  There is also reference to buffalo chips as
cuachas.

This lead to an interesting observation in the Codex Borgia Plate 26.  In
the four cardinal directions there is a figure of a man painted in red with
a excerement colored in red with little eyes in the shape of a fish hook.
So, we were able to corralete the word, "Cuachalocolamin" with a codex
picture.  But we need more information on Cuachalo.....

Any thoughts.....

Tezozomoc