Publications

Patrick LESBRE lesbre at univ-tlse2.fr
Tue Oct 19 14:40:39 UTC 1999

If I remenber well you can find in Mexico some book more or less similar to
comic, made by Joaquin GALARZA in order to teach nahuatl for children. At
least you will find may drawings, but not Asterix!
       =20
At 22:39 18/10/99 -0600, vous avez =E9crit:
>On Mon, 18 Oct 1999 Yaoxochitl at aol.com wrote:
>
>| The Florentine Codex by Fray San Bernardino de Sahagun is an excellent
>| source on Classical Nahuatl in Spanish, English, and Nahuatl.  Also the
>| Codex Molina is a good one.
>
>>>From the excerpts I've seen so far, those documents are indeed a nice
>thing to read and scrutinize.
>
>| If u have the money, Yale University offers an intensive 8 week Nahuatl
>| course and it counts to a whole year's worth of college credit. =20
>
>I'm *really* burned out on the university scene.  (Ten years of Classical
>Latin, four or five years of German, a bunch of other languages two years
>apiece.  To that you might even add in some law school where I ended up
>lecturing the professor on Latin, rather than the other way around...)
>
>Actually, I was thinking of something that would provide me with pleasant
>diversion, like a comic book, or a book on fairy tales (like those of the
>Brothers Grimm).  :)  Surely there *is* a market for that sort of thing,
>*somewhere* in the world?

Patrick LESBRE
Universit=E9 de Toulouse le Mirail
32 rue la Fonderie