PIPILA

Ted Danger ted at teddanger.com
Sat Sep 11 16:09:48 UTC 1999

Hello Horacio,
    After weeks of research at the IHAH library, Wendy Griffin, our
anthropological adviser determined that the indians that once flourished in the
NE Honduran "Ciudad Blanca Archaeological Reserve" where the Pipil.  From what
little I know, they were indeed nobility from Mexico.  With the abundant
Quetzalcoatl effigies on the massive ceremonial metates and the precision of
their work with this very hard igneous rock, I would have consider them master
artisans.  The few remaining Pech folk in the region are quick to offer a cup
of "chocolate".
    How does one contact Lyle Campbell or an authority on the Pipil of
Nicaragua?  I'm still working on a film, as soon as my fever breaks.
Regards,
Ted Danger
http://www.roatanet.com/ciudadblanca