New name

Red Fox notoca at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 17 23:02:07 UTC 2000

I always thought yaotl meant "enemy" and only took on the meaning of "war"
when it was embedded in compounds. The stand alone word for war is yaoyotl.

Isn't the word for warrior teyaochihuani?

With regards to the name "Ixtac yoalli" I have seen the form yoalli which
means night. It's possibly another spelling for yohualli. So,  ixtac (iztac)
yoalli would most likely mean "white night".

Is saying, iztac teyaochihuani, an acceptable way of saying "white warrior"?