Nahuatl Translations

Red Fox notoca at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 27 15:31:26 UTC 2000

I have come across a few words that I have not been able to translate
properly and was hoping someone on the list would be able to help with them.

They are:

1) Xiquittacan - I have had no luck with this word.

2) Tlacempanahuia - I think the stems here are tla = something; cem = one,
whole, entire; panahuia = to surpass, exceed, cross. Would this mean "to
surpass (exceed) entirely (wholly) at something"?

3) Tlahtolnahuatilli - I think the stems are tlahtolli = word, speech;
nahuatilli = law. This would say "word/speech law", however, this does not
mean anything to me. Is this an idiom for something else?

4) Titecpillahtoah - I don't understand this one. I think it might be a verb
in the 2nd person because of the prefix (?) "ti" but I'm not sure. I also
think that I see the word for nobleman (tecpilli) but this is a bit of a
stretch as I cannot make any sense with it.

Any help with these translations would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

EZR