Looking for poems....

Rudiger V. Busto rude at leland.stanford.edu
Mon Aug 28 22:00:48 UTC 2000

XiKano,
	Take a look at Leon-Portilla's review of Bierhorst's translations
of the Cantares in "Una Nueva Interpretacion de los Cantares Mexicanos?  La
Obra de John  Bierhorst" in Estudios de Cultura Nahuatl, vol. 18 (1986),
385-400.  Leon-Portilla addresses Bierhorst's interpretation of the
Cantares as "Ghost Songs" head on and in some detail.