Query: Nahuatl for "Venus"

Rmedinagarcia at aol.com Rmedinagarcia at aol.com
Wed Dec 6 19:26:44 UTC 2000

I read about the relationship between Venus and warfare in Warlords of the
Ancient Americas by Peter G. Tsouras.  The author writes that Teotihuacan
created a military empire in part dictated by 'Star Wars,' a ritualized form
of warfare in part dictated by Venus.  Below is the footnote for the most
relevant proponent of a similar view.  I hope it helps.
John B. Carlson, "Venus-Regulated Warfare and Ritual Sacrifice in
Mesoamerica" ed. by Clive L. N. Ruggles and Nocholas J. Saunders Astronomies
and Cultures (1993).